Internet Safety:
There is so much to be concerned about on the Internet. If we want our students to use technology, then we need to be aware of all of the dangers of technology. I don't think we realize how many traps are set up for young children on the Internet. We need to be aware of precautions to take so that our students do not fall into the traps of danger on the Internet. The videos that we saw in class about some of the real-life stories of how the Internet has caused extreme harm to young children made me extremely angry about the terrible traps that are on the Internet.
The Internet is such a wonderful tool that we have, but it also hosts a wealth of danger. We need to recognize this and be sure that our students never fall into these traps.The parent knows that there are filters for the Internet. They also know that there are many bad websites out there and that there are many dangerous chat rooms. I shared with them the many websites that are out there that have a slightly altered name to them so that people will easily accidentally stumble onto the inappropriate websites. We discussed the inappropriate advertisements that continuously pop up while using the Internet if one’s computer does not have the appropriate equipment. I was surprised that she knew as much as she did, but there is always so much more that parents do not realize. She was very shocked to know about the people that are hired to make false domain names for websites so that people accidentally stumble onto bad websites.
The article that I chose to read was “Let Our Voices Be Heard” by M. Russell Ballard. I really liked all of the suggestions that he gave in the end such as where to put a computer in your home, etc.
The videos that I watched were more stories about dangerous the Internet can be and how easily young children can be deceived. Most of these situations came from chat rooms, Myspace, etc.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment