What is the role of technology in creating dynamic experiences for your students?
Technology can provide endless opportunities for dynamic learning experiences for our students. We can tap into visual and auditory types of learning, alone or simultaneously. We can even involve kinesthetic type of learning. We can be extremely creative with technology.
What are some ways that technology might actually detract from student learning?
Technology can be very fun. Our students will be very accustomed to using technology through computers, video games, etc. They are becoming more surrounded with technology in their daily lives. They may be too distracted with the fun and limitless opportunities that it can provide.
What are three examples of effective technology use that you have used or experienced?
The most obvious example that I can share is a computer. I use my computer on a daily basis - a lot! I e-mail, share pictures, research, create presentations, budget, shop, etc. I have been able to research various teaching articles, create virtual tours on Google Earth, and video presentations to share with others. The next example that I have is a portable music device. On my portable music device, I am able to record my voice. On various occasions, I have taken advantage of this feature to record my Spanish vocabulary words so that while I am walking all around campus and to work, I am able to be learning at the same time. Another piece of technology that I am becoming familiar with is a Promethium Board. These are such incredible devices to have in a classroom! There are so many different opportunities to expand a student's learning with the board. It is so fun to see how excited the students are to use them.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment