Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 2 PLE Post

What activities might I use tokbox.com for as a teacher?
-When I experimented with Tokbox, I thought of a few different ways of how I could use it in my classroom. I thought it might be neat to have an assignment for an ESL class where they record themselves perhaps doing a mock newscast, speaking English. The class would watch the videos and this way, the students would be able to hear themselves speaking English and perhaps critique their pronunciation, grammar, etc. They may gain confidence this way by hearing themselves speak so much English. Another possible assignment is for students to be assigned a topic to teach to the class and to record themselves teaching it and then the class watches them. Another thing to do is have students record themselves for homework explaining to the teacher a particular concept such as gravity and show that they understand it. They can send it to the teacher. This might be a good way for the teacher to keep tabs on the student's progress as well as an enforcer for students to really understand the material.


What was the most interesting thing I learned in class tonight?
-From our class discussion of all of the various ways that technology can be used to teach our students, it really struck me how many resources that we really have today. We have so many opportunities as teachers to enrich our student's learning and to expound on their progress. It was so great to have the class collaborate and list each other's ideas for teaching particular concepts such as gravity. I learned so many new great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment